- This is a BETA release – not for general consumption so please don’t notify MacUpdate et al. Thanks!
- Copying/Moving items into a directory where items with the same name already exist will now prompt a dialog asking whether you want to replace the items.
- Also handles locked items when Copying/Moving items into a directory where items with the same name already exist. Note that you will not be allowed to replace a folder with an identically-named file (or vice-versa).
- Any item whose name ends in ‘
fsel!!!!‘ will only appear in a FinderPop menu when you have control-clicked an item (ie., there is a file or folder selected).
- If “Contents Submenu if Folder selected” is enabled, control-clicking a single file means that file will get added to the FP menu from where you can Preview/GetInfo it.
- Use Mac standard anti-aliased Arrow cursor instead of my copy of good old
- Get Info on an item in a FinderPop menu (Command- Option) now displays owner and permission information.
- Previewing an item in a FinderPop menu (Shift- Command- Option) now previews the contents of text files in addition to MOV/JPG/PDF files (see piccie.)
- FinderPop was ten years old last month! Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
- FinderPop 2.0.2b5 available here.
Enjoy! Please report any bugs:
Came across this excellent article while browsing this morning. Well worth the 5 minutes it takes to read: Eco – “Eternal Fascism: 14 Ways of Looking at a Blackshirt” (1995.)
For Ur-Fascism there is no struggle for life but, rather, life is lived for struggle.
Thus pacifism is trafficking with the enemy. It is bad because life is permanent warfare.
To people who feel deprived of a clear social identity, Ur-Fascism says that their only privilege is the most common one, to be born in the same country. This is the origin of nationalism. Besides, the only ones who can provide an identity to the nation are its enemies.
From Pepsi says Aquafina is tap water:
Pepsi-Cola announced Friday that the labels of its Aquafina brand bottled water will be changed to make it clear the product is tap water.
The new bottles will say, “The Aquafina in this bottle is purified water that originates from a public water source,” or something similar, Pepsi-Cola North America spokeswoman Nicole Bradley told CNN.
Pepsi will change current labels on water bottles to say the water comes from a public water source.
The bottles are currently labeled: “Bottled at the source P.W.S.” Americans spent about $2.17 billion on Aquafina last year, according to Beverage Digest, an independent company that tracks the global beverage industry. The U.S. bottled water business in 2006 totaled roughly $15 billion, it said.
Two. Billion. Dollars. On Tap Water. Oh sorry, “Bottled at the source Public Water System”.
This whole Eau de P.W.S. saga brings to mind H.L. Mencken’s quote:
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Coca-Cola had a similar admission to make a couple of years ago with their Dasani water.
Pepsi-Coka – Useless tossers to a man, every last one of them. Definite ‘B’ ark material.
Web 1.0 plus a bit more hype is probably the short answer. Lets hope it’s a bit more crash-and-burn-proof than the previous version too…
However, I prefer this Classic Quote at bash.org:
please describe web 2.0 to me in 2 sentences or less.
you make all the content. they keep all the revenue.